Customer Service Jobs from Home
There is growing need for some people for working from home usually resulting from people’s personal lives or issues with their health. The main people that do work from home usually and most typically consist of women with children in which they do not wish to leave their children with a babysitter.
The other typical person that applies for or needs work from home job pertains to those with some health issues that limit mobility or other needed functions to be able to properly perform other job requirements at factories, retail jobs, fast food business, restaurants, get the idea.
One commonly found a negative aspect of work from home jobs are that most of them do not pay accordingly or appropriately for the time you spend working.
Most of them also do not offer hourly pay rates. Instead, you get paid per task you complete for them.
That is common in a lot of the work from home jobs like survey takers or product reviewers and such. The most common type of work from home job consists of customer service jobs. These are very reliable with regards to the pay being worth the time you spend doing said customer service job from home. Most of these types of jobs do pay hourly so there for the time you spend working is quite reasonable when comparing to other work from home type jobs.
Some of the job responsibilities and duties you could encounter consists of the following factors:
- Attracting potential customers by answering and assisting with product and service questions, while also suggesting other information for other additional products and services.
- Open customer accounts by recording the client information into the appropriated system.
- Maintaining up to date client records by updating client information.
- Resolving product and service problems by clarifying customer complaints.
Meaning and including all of the following but not limited to just these:
- Determining the actual cause of the specific complaint to be able to pinpoint and rectify the client or customer’s issues.
- Selecting and explaining in def the correct, most accurate, and best solution to solving the customer’s issues.
- Expediting the correction or adjustments.
- Following up to ensure the complete resolution of the specific complaint.
- Maintaining financial accounts by making necessary adjustments.
- Recommending products and services by collecting customer information and analyzing that specific customer’s needs to provide the best service or product for them.
- Preparing product and service reports for client accounts.
There is always the question of what necessary skills or qualifications you will need for the job you are trying to obtain. When it comes to the qualifications or the necessary skills needed for customer service jobs at home or any customer service job.
Truthfully, the list is minimal:
- Previous customer service - Experience is an added benefit but not a deciding requirement.
- Ability to learn - the products and services of the company well enough to relate the specifications of each product or service to the client in detail.
- Quality focus ability - This means that you can focus on achieving the perfect quality of any task while maintaining a well-rounded average speed needed for completing the task at hand. In other words, this also means having a great accuracy of details.
- Problem-solving skills - This means that you are great at being able to find solutions. In definitions, problem-solving means - the process to find solutions to difficult and complex issues promptly.
- Market knowledge - This can be tricky but simple at the same time. It means possessing knowledge on specific market trends and popular products and services. In general, this could be a wide variety assortment of different things.
When about customer service jobs at home it can be as simple as studying up on the market trends of products and services pertaining specifically to the company you are currently working. This particular skill stems from the original ability to understand what drives the business and its market.
Looking for customer service jobs check out indeed →→→
- Documentation Skills - This pertains to the ability of accurately documenting client information and needs to be based on their requests.
- Listening skills which is pretty basic and self-explanatory.
- Phone skills - This could mean a variety of things but mainly pertains to the ability or abilities to be able to accurately and appropriately operate a phone meaning hold button, transferring calls, etc. but it also means that you can annunciate properly and appropriately to the client.
- Resolving Conflict - Simple as this seems, it could very well be the hardest part of the job because not every client or customer is handled the same way and you must be able to read into the client’s behavior and listen to the problem to be able to resolve the current conflict.
- Analyzing Information - Evaluating information content, and refining information to build portfolios for example. The only requirement is that there is a process.
- Multitasking - This is the only skill that could be considered an absolute necessity. This by definition means to be able to deal with more than one task at a time, and in regards to computer work, it means to be able to execute more than one program simultaneously.
Customer Service Jobs from Anyplace
When having customer service jobs from home, it requires a combination of both definitions. As a customer service representative working from home, you will be required to answer calls and assist clients or customers with their problems, issues, conflicts, or product and service questions.
In a breakdown that would require: talking with the client or customer, accessing the company's system, recording information, resolving conflict and researching appropriate services and products.
This long list of information seems like a lot of requirements and skills. However, most of the skills needed are basic skills everyone possesses. Do not be astray either by the fact that they list previous experience is an added benefit because that simply means that experience in the field of customer service jobs from home is not listed as a requirement, but only as an added benefit, so it will not exclude you from the job itself.
This rate it is viewed that anyone can apply and work as a customer service representative as long as they have a great ability of communication, basic computer operating knowledge, and devotion to the job and its specific requirements.
Whew, that was too much for even me!