Babysitting has long been associated with teens, and usually a family member or neighbor down the street. But college students, young adults or even a spouse could benefit from this income stream. My niece which is a college student, has saved my bacon more than once when caught in a jam between work & kids
To see if you have the patience and love needed to care for children, you could start with a family member, neighbor or single parent in need of some me time. Not everyone has the skills needed to care for unruly kids and small babies that need almost constant attention. But if you do this could be money in the bank!
Getting the word out that you are providing a babysitting service is easy just use word of mouth, let people and family know – chances are if they think you are responsible they have already asked you! Another way would be to make cheap flyers and hand out in your area. There are also sites online like Sittercity that connect Parents with sitters, not to mention also skills like senior care, pet sitters, housekeeping or tutoring.
Babysitting can be a full time or part time job depending on your schedule. Childcare is pretty much needed around the clock. Day, night, weekends and after school. If you are real flexible with your time even last minute babysitters are needed! This can go nicely with school or college classes, and be just as lucrative as any part time job and maybe more flexible with your schedule.
Skills Needed to StandOut
It does not hurt to stand out from the crowd and show your skills as a better sitter. Parents love to hear you can do more than just watch t.v and eat up there food! Here are some easy ways to provide more:
- Make sure you keep a clean history for background checks
- Be as flexible as you can – the more available the better
- Offer to clean or help kids with homework
- Live saving skills like First Aid and CPR Training
- Take Free online babysitting course
- Have any ideas for first time babysitters leave a comment, we love to hear! Take care and have another great day on purpose, the are calling me to take them to Chuck E. Cheese